THE PRESCO® -SWITCH is a “DUAL SEAL” pressure-responsive flow control device that opens or closes one or more integral electrical switches at predetermined set points in order to:
- Start or stop pump motors for pump jacks and electric submersible pump systems
- Stop gas engines
- Control valve operations
- Provides overall well head high and low pressure protection
- Convenient micro-switch adjustments make field setting easy.
- Versatile switching arrangements to satisfy most applications and eliminates the requirement for multiple pressure switches
- Switch housing’s explosion-proof design is approved for Class 1, Division 1, Group D, Hazardous Locations.
- “DUAL SEAL” design is certified to meet ANSI/ISA
12.27.01-2003requirement for process sealing between electrical systems and flammable or combustible process fluids.
Pressure Sensing Base Features
Pressure sensing bases use diaphragms, plungers or bellows. Component wetted parts meet the requirements of NACE MR0175.
- Interchangeable springs enable each base unit to be used for a variety of pressure ranges.
- Accurate operation and repeatability are provided by the smooth plunger movement and precision manufacturing.
- Long life is ensured by a guided plunger, resulting in an operational life span that exceeds other types of pressure switch mechanisms and devices.
- High proof pressure is provided by a positive plunger stop so that the Presco® -Switch will withstand multiple overpressures and surges.
- Rugged design enables the Presco® -Switch to withstand severe operating conditions including shock, vibration and corrosion.
- Standard male 2” NPT pressure sensing connection provides a solid mount that will not plug off or freeze readily