The Hydrosense 4410-OCM is a flow-through real-time monitor for on-line ppm (mg/l) indication of petroleum and/or non-petroleum oil in water.
The unique sensor design can optionally provide both fluorescence and light scatter simultaneously in one unit.
Fluorescence responds to dissolved and free (bouyant) hydrocarbons in water. This technology targets the aromatic hydrocarbons in the water and through a site calibration, correlates this to total oil.
Light Scatter can be used for turbidity indication or indication of free oils of any type, such as synthetic and vegetable.
The closed loop sample stream assembly communicates with the controller using a Modbus interface. This allows the sensor to be mounted remotely with two main benefits:
1) The sensor can be mounted close to the process to reduce lag time and,
2) The controller can be mounted in an area better suited to safe operator access and control wiring interface.
Features and Benefits
- LED light sources for stable long life
- Multiple fluorescence excitation and emission wavelengths available to simultaneously define oil types
- Light Scatter available with or without fluorescence for non-petroleum oils and turbidity
- Cuvet available for manual sample insertion testing
- Scale/Algae Inhibitor module available for untreated waters
- Easy calibration with menu-driven 4-line display
- Up to 5 calibration points for enhanced high range accuracy
- Sensor block can be remote from controller to 1,200 meters
- Compressed air inlet on sensor block for high condensation applications.
|Range||0-500 ppm or mg/l|
|Accuracy||+/- 1% of calibrated range 0.1 ppm|
|Resolution||0.1 ppm (mg/l)|
|Sensitivity||463 ppb crude reference|
145 ppb diesel reference
|Process Fluid Temperature||0-55 C (32-130 F)|
(options for higher temperature)
|Process Pressure||minimum 2 psig (14 kPa)|
maximum 300 psig 690 kPa)
|Flowrate||minimum 1 l/m at 2 psig|
|Power Input||24 vdc or 100-230 vac|
|Enclosures||Type 4/IP65 coated steel, 316SS or polycarbonate|
|Ambient Temperature||5-55 C (32-130 F)|
|Certified to||Electrical Safety Standards UL/ANSI, CSA, and IEC Standard 61010-1|