The INVALCO HSS 1006 has been designed for municipal and industrial applications to measure PPM levels of hydrocarbons in aqueous solutions. Typical applications include PPM trace amounts of oil in effluent water from storm water runoff, oil in cooling water, produced water, and oil/water separators. Other measurements and mediums can be monitored on request (i. e. colorants in fluids, etc.).
The INVALCO HSS 1006 uses a UV fluorescence technique to target the aromatic component of the oil contamination. Through a site calibration this aromatic tag provides an indication relative to total oil.
A continuous sample flow is tapped or pumped off the process line and directed through the HydroSense chamber. It passes behind the non-contacting UV light source and is targeted with filtered light energy. The soluble and emulsified oils in the water will excite from this light energy and fluoresce light energy back out of the water at a signature wavelength. The intensity of light energy at this wavelength is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
Features and Benefits
- The special UV absorbing flow plate sheens the water over a large surface area. The resulting high surface area to depth ratio provides many benefits.
- The sensitivity to oil molecules is increased by maximizing the optical viewing area.
- The minimal depth discourages oil molecules from ‘hiding’ behind particulates in the water.
- The large lamp source targets the water from multiple angles to get a representative sampling of all oil.
- The large sample target area ensures a representative and stable snapshot of the water conditions
- The unit can tolerate suspended solids up to 400 mg/l
- Non-contacting optics minimizes maintenance
- Compensation for temperature and lamp deterioration minimizes recalibration requirements
- Alarm warns of impending lamp replacement
- Long life lamp expectancy of 18 months
- Continuous on-line monitoring reads the water 50 times/second with an averaged display update every 1 second
- No consumables or chemical used
- Sample flow gravity outfalls to drain
- Available with CSA Zone 2 approval or with Pressurization Systems for Zone 1
- Designed for harsh environments with a 316 SS Housing
- No tools necessary for routine maintenance or lamp replacement
- The flow or power does not require to be turned off during routine maintenance
- Multi-point calibration available to customize response curves
|• 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz., 150 VA (including lamp power supply)
• 10 VA (controller only)(optional 220 VAC, or 24 VDC)
|Four line LCD with simultaneous display in PPM, Cal
Location, current temperature, and bar graph.
|Two independent SPDT, 7 amp, 120VAC dry relay contacts with LED panel indication
|Relay Time Delay
|0-99 second delay on
|0- 300 ppm Hydrocarbon in Water linear, up to 1000 ppm trending
|• ± 1 PPM
• The performance is based on a calibration to a known hydrocarbon concentration and a stable background water. The hydrocarbon make-up and variations in the contaminating compounds may affect the actual output.
|10 Locations, Up to 5 concentration entry points per location
|4-20 mA DC, 900 ohms, isolated
|RS-485/modbus or optional HART protocol
|20 -1000 samples /average
|• 32°F – 212°F (0-100 °C) with cooler
• 32°F – 104°F (0-40 °C) without cooler
|• 50°F – 104°F (10-40 °C) without Air conditioning
• 50°F – 131°F (10-55 °C) with Air conditioning
|Compensation 50°F – 104°F (10-40 °C) (ambient air)
|• 2 x SPDT, 7 amp @ 120 VAC dry;
• One for lamp failure alarm, one for zero offset drift
|3/8″ NPT female
|2″ NPT male (outfall must be unrestricted gravity to drain)
|Inlet flow rate
|Minimum 5.0 litre/minute (continuous and stable)
|Minimum 2 psi, maximum 100 psi, minimum 20 psi when equipped with optional cooler
|Type 4X Stainless Steel with viewing window, CSA
Approved Ex Zone 2
|12.0″ X 37.5″ X 9.25″D
|Eexp available for Zone 2 where CSA Zone 2 is not applicable
|75 lbs (34Kg)
Please consult factory for Part Number and additional information.