The Floating Oil Spill Alarm is a unique floating sensor that continuously monitors for the accumulation of oil at the water surface.
The Floating Oil Spill Alarm sensor monitors the surface dielectric and locks in on the capacitance of the water. Oil that separates to the surface changes the capacitance field and activates the relay alarms.
This unit is normally used in sumps or containments where oil is not typically present. An upstream leak or spill that accumulates in the sump will alarm the monitor. The floating design allows the unit to track the changing water level in the sump and immediately alert operators, pumps or valves.
- Stable tri-float design follows level changes
- Adjustable time delay and sensitivity to eliminate nuisance alarms
- Remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- Available with Intrinsic Safety Barrier for Hazardous Locations
- Waterproof PVC and SS wetted parts allow for use in harsh environments
- Unit also alarms on dry sump conditions to shut down pumps
- Capacitance technology responds to all types of oils and separated liquids of similar dielectrics
- Alarms at 6mm separated surface oil
The electronic components are mounted safely above the water level. The unique PMC circuit design immediately converts the sensor signal to a frequency pulse for furtherance to the controller.
The Level Ease controller can be used where oil thickness indication or CE declaration is required.
All calibration, control relays and power wiring is available at the main control unit. This can be safely mounted up to 1 km away from the sump.
|Specifications – Control Unit|
|Operating Temperature||-4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)|
|Power Input||24 vdc or 110 vac or 220 vac|
|Alarm Relay||5 amp, DPDT, dry|
|Standards||UL, CSA, Entela|
|Specifications – Float Sensor|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)|
|I.S. Approval||CSA Class1, Zone 2, Div 2, Groups A, B, C, D (when ordered with Intrinsic Barrier Option)|